What kind of young adult books, programs, and research help would you like to see at the library? Are you looking for internships or volunteer opportunities? Please feel free to email your ideas, or to drop by and chat. We're always open to your requests and suggestions. If you have a request or would like to find out more about our programs, contact Celeste, the children’s and young adults’ services manager.
What the YA Services Department Offers
- Full access to a collection of over 10,000 volumes for young people ages 1-17, including seminal classics, contemporary favorites and award winners for every age range as well as new and noteworthy material in a variety of forms
- 15 magazine subscriptions for children and teens (including Muse, I Love English and Seventeen…)
- A collection of hundreds of DVDs and other audio-visual offerings
- Seasonal celebrations, holiday parties and musical events
- The Library's Summer Reading Program
- The Teen Bookworms – a book Club for ages 12+
- Monthly Teen Nights - after-hours programming exclusively for ages 12-18, including: yoga classes, Poetry Cafés, movie nights, acting and photography workshops, as well as pizza, soda and teen conviviality
- A bi-monthly Teen Writing Group where aspiring writers can share their ideas and get feedback
- The Teen Mezzanine – a comfortable space to work and study
How You Can Get Involved
- Attend one of our many teen nights
- Join a book group
- Volunteer (and rack up community service hours!)
- Write a book review for the teen page on the Library’s blog
- Have a special skill – get in touch with the young adults’ services manager and talk about sharing that skill with kids in the community
- Help spread the word about reading and the Library by joining The American Library in Paris For Teens community on Facebook.
Research and Reference Materials
Bibliographic indexes, digital databases, as well as hard copies of journals and magazines (some rare texts and some of which date back to the 19th century) are available for students doing research.
Ask a Librarian!
The children's and young adults’ services department is staffed by full-time children's and YA services manager who is able to provide reference and research help for young people, as well as recommended reading material for all age levels and interests. The Library provides full reference services on site from Tuesday through Saturday. Members and users of the Library can receive general reference assistance. They may also arrange in-depth research conferences with a specific librarian by appointment.