Nearly half of the Library’s income each year comes from gifts, grants and other contributions. The regular support of members and friends is essential in ensuring the health and vitality of the Library as we celebrate over 90 years of service in Paris. Individual gifts, in the form of direct contributions to the Library, can be made at any time. Significant fundraising efforts during the year include our Fall and Spring appeals to members and friends.
2017 Spring Appeal
Make a donation – your help is vital to us
Read about our 2017 Spring Appeal and learn all about the great things happening at the Library, and how we simply could not do all these things without donations from people like you. Download and complete our mail-in Donation Card and send it together with your contribution to The American Library in Paris at 10, rue du Général Camou, 75007 Paris, FRANCE.
If you would like to make a donation online, please click here.
If you have any inquiries, please contact Krista Faurie, Development Manager, at +(33 (0)1 53 59 13 10.
The Impact of Your Gift
Any gift is a welcome act of support and commitment. You may find the following list helpful when deciding how much you would like to contribute:
- €50 ($53) will enable the Library to purchase, catalog, shelve, and maintain one or two new books that will be borrowed and enjoyed dozens of times.
- €100 ($107) will allow the Library to subscribe to a magazine (or two) for a year.
- €250 ($267) will support five children’s story hours, kids’ programs, or teen workshops.
- €500 ($533) will underwrite the costs of a Library open house, a special exhibit, or an issue of Ex Libris.
- €1,000 ($1,067) will pay for one months’ worth of our on-line periodical holdings from Jstor and Ebsco.
- €5,000 ($5,334) will support half a year of Sunday afternoon operating hours, the latest offering from the Library.
For more information about where your contributions go, view the Library's Annual Report.
The American Library in Paris is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an organisme d’intérêt général for French tax purposes. All contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law and will be acknowledged with a tax receipt.
What the Library means to you
Our members and users give their testimonies about the American Library in Paris...
‘The Library is a haven for me to come to, to reconnect with the spontaneity and energy of American intellectual and creative life.’
‘This Library has literally saved our family’s sanity.’
‘I’m always inspired to find something new.’
‘I like the American Library because it's like we're a family.’
‘The first thing our twins say when they get off the bus is 'Dad, let's go to the Library', what more can a parent want?’
‘It's a home away from home.’
‘It's a brilliant place to meet new people.’
To learn more about supporting the Library, please contact: Charles Trueheart, Director